I read a recent blog by the brilliant chiropractors Dr. Jennifer Barham-Floriani and Dr Kate Marshall and I thought you guys would benefit from a summary.
If you’d like to read the whole thing, subscribe to their newsletter (I recommend you do) or check out the references then click here to see the full blog.
- Children fall 2500 times in their first 7 years of life.
- By the time they are three years old they will have had 3 major falls (off a bed, change table or cot).
- Falls that jar the body can cause muscles to tighten and pull on the spinal bones.
- Spinal bones that are pulled out of place can impact on the nervous system.
- Pressure on the nervous system will negatively impact on how the child thinks, feels and behaves.
- Disruption from injury in the first two years of life can have long-lasting or even permanent effects on the structure and function of the brain.
- In the first year of life the child is most vulnerable developmentally and most likely to have a positive response to therapeutic intervention.
- Chiropractic for babies and children is evidenced to be gentle, safe and effective.
- Much later as adults we may experience a health crisis that seemed to “simply happen out of the blue”. This may be as a result of uncorrected childhood injuries.